Cheesy Ham & Asparagus Quiche is a rich and decadent recipe that is perfect for a special brunch or dinner. A creamy Parmesan layer is topped with an egg and cream custard that is studded with leftover ham and topped with fresh asparagus.
This Thanksgiving, I made 8 lbs of ham because my dad had requested plenty of leftovers in advance. Well, with only 4 people, we had more than enough leftovers for everyone! I decided to put some of the ham to good use for brunch and whipped up this quiche.
- Single pie crust
- ⅔ c. cream cheese
- 1 c. cubed ham
- ½ c. green onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- ¾ c. shredded Parmesan (divided)
- 3 eggs
- 1½ c. heavy cream
- ½ tsp. salt (divided)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Press the pie crust into a greased quiche pan. Poke the bottom of the crust with a fork in three spots. Place on a cookie sheet and bake the pie crust for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese and ⅔ c. Parmesan and microwave for 1 minute. Spread the cheese mixture over the par-baked crust and top with the cubed ham.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, green onion and ¼ tsp. salt and slowly pour over the ham and cheese mixture.
- Arrange the spears of asparagus around the quiche in a circular pattern. Spray the top of the quiche with non-stick spray and sprinkle with remaining ¼ tsp. of salt and remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the eggs are set and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
*The very center will still have a slight jiggle when moved, but will set as it rests.
Love & Sparkle,