You can make the whole thing in 15 minutes and everything cooks in one pan so you only have ONE dish to wash at the end of the night!! This is also a great dish to use leftover ham from Thanksgiving!
It’s the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner that everyone will love!!
Super simple ingredients here. All you need is ham, fresh or frozen tortellini, cream, shredded cheese, chicken broth, frozen peas, and diced onions. I buy frozen chopped onions by the bag (they’re always with the frozen vegetables) so I never have to chop onions! Such a time saver at night. 🙂 You don’t even have to thaw them out before using.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 12 oz ham, diced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- (9 oz) tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby sweet peas, frozen
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Swiss, White Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack)
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened and golden brown. Add the ham and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Add the chicken broth, tortellini, and plenty of salt and pepper to taste. I use 1/2 teaspoon each. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes until the tortellini is tender.
- Stir in the peas and cream. Off heat, then stir in 1/2 cup cheese until well combined.
- Top with remaining cheese, then place under the broiler in the oven until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Enjoy!!
Love & Sparkle,