Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins: moist spiced pumpkin muffins are topped with sweet cream cheese that melts into them as they bake and only take 30 minutes!
Pumpkin “season” is quickly coming to a close with it’s last big day on Thursday. I am already morning it’s loss. I decided I had to end this season with a bang — so I made a double batch of these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins.
I absolutely love every thing pumpkin flavored and I am not ready to put it away for a whole year. To be honest, I always buy a couple of extra cans of pumpkin and hide them in the pantry for a fun surprise during the Summer. It helps hold me over till Fall!
But I guess Fall really is coming to a close and it is time for me to start getting ready for Christmas. Sure, I am super excited for everything gingerbread and all of the many Christmas cookies…but can’t I still have everything pumpkin flavored too?
These muffins are reminiscent of my Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Muffins. I obviously have a love of making swirl muffins.
It’s almost like having a cupcake for breakfast…but for a bonus, they self frost themselves as they bake. Gotta love that!
These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins are simple enough to put together and take 30 minutes or less to make. The sweet cream cheese on top adds a ton of flavor and I love how pretty they look.
I liked these muffins best served at room temperature or slightly chilled…heck I even ate them hot out of the oven and burned my mouth!
These Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins are my favorite pumpkin muffins ever. You start with a super moist spiced pumpkin muffin and top it with swirls of sweet cream cheese that melt into the top as it bakes.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cups into muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter. This will not look smooth, but it will bake up much prettier.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- I liked these best at room temperature or even slightly chilled! Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Love & Sparkle,