Remember the movie “Mermaids?” The mom only had one cookbook and it was for finger foods, so that’s all she knew how to cook – everything was on a stick! I could totally live my life eating like that. Finger foods, dips, appetizers, yeah those are my loves.
Unfortunately, those types of foods are generally not that good for you. They usually taste amazing, but they aren’t amazing for your waistline. Unless, that is, you’re indulging in this amazing Skinny Southwest Chicken Dip. It’s definitely doesn’t taste healthy, but it really is!
There are so many different ways you could enjoy this dish. Serve as a dip with tortilla chips or pita crisps. Wrap in a tortilla or lettuce cups. Serve on a bed of lettuce or in a pita pocket for a lo-carb lunch.
I love that it’s healthy. It’s got tons of vegetables, like peppers, tomatoes and corn, black beans and chicken for protein and Greek yogurt with lots of southwest seasonings.
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded or diced boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 6 mini sweet peppers or one large orange, red or yellow pepper, diced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained
- Mix yogurt and seasonings in a small bowl and set aside while you prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Mix chicken, veggies, and beans in a large bowl.
- Add yogurt mixture and combine well to coat.
- Add salt to taste.
Can be served immediately, but if possible, allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Love & Sparkle,