I love cleaning. I love cleaning toilets. Said no one ever. So let’s make cleaning a little easier and toxic free, shall we? Over the past year I have eliminated the majority of the toxic chemicals in my house and I couldn’t be happier.
These days, I just don’t have the time or energy to spend scrubbing everything in my house. These toilet fizzies I made recently are making my bathroom cleaning regimen so much easier. They’re essentially bath bombs that clean your toilet! I just love them, and I know you’re going to love them too!
How they work is that you actually just throw one into the toilet whenever there is an unpleasant smell or you feel like your toilet could use some ‘freshening up’ (no further explanation needed!?) and they do the freshening for you! These are keeping my toilets really clean all the time!
They are super easy to make, too. You just mix everything together, let them set, and you’re good to go.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
- 15 to 20 drops your choice of essential oil (lavender, rosemary or peppermint)
- silicone candy molds
- Add baking soda to a mixing bowl and use a fork or whisk to break up clumps. Baking soda naturally cleans and eliminates odors, making it the perfect base for the fizzies. Add the citric acid (which you can find near the canning supplies at some stores) and stir. The citric acid adds the fizz to these cleaners.
- In a small glass bowl, mix vinegar and hydrogen peroxide, which will work together to help clean your toilet. Now SLOWLY drop by drop, add vinegar and hydrogen peroxide to the baking soda. If you add it all at once, you’ll have a big mess due to the reaction between the baking soda and citric acid!
- Now add the essential oil and gently mix. This is just for scent, so you can choose any scent you like. I used lavender.
- Use a half teaspoon to scoop the mixture into your candy molds, and press in gently with your fingers. You don’t want to fill them completely full, because this will expand. Let dry for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Place the dried fizzies in glass jar and keep them sealed near your toilet. Make sure you label them and keep them out of reach of small children!
- The next time things get smelly, after flushing, drop in a fizzy and things will freshen up in no time.
Make these fizzy toilet-cleaning bombs to quickly freshen up your bathroom whenever needed!
Love & Sparkle,