My fascination with all things pumpkin continues.
After my great success mixing chocolate cake mix and a can of pumpkin together to make 2-Ingredient Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins, Mini Muffins and Cookies, I wanted see what would happen with using a spice cake mix instead.
It seemed like the perfect easy, sweet and delicious way to welcome fall.
- 1 box (15 – 18 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin puree
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- For muffins, preheat the oven to 400F degrees and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or coat them with non-stick spray.
- Make the batter in a large bowl by mixing just the two ingredients together, ignoring the instructions on the cake mix. This will take some effort and the mixture will be very very thick!
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cup tins.
- Bake at 400F degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 10- 12 minutes for the muffins.
- Remove and place on wire racks to cool.
Love & Sparkle,