Wake up to a warm, wholesome breakfast with this Overnight Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal.
There’s nothing like waking up in the morning to the heavenly smell of breakfast wafting through the air. And if that breakfast just so happens to taste like pumpkin pie…well, all the better!
Overnight Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal is a rather lengthy, adjective-heavy title for such a simple recipe, but at least you know what you’re gonna get…creamy steel cut oats that have been slow cooked overnight with pumpkin puree for a yummy, comforting breakfast that’s ready the moment you wake up. This breakfast is equally suitable for a busy weekday morning, a special holiday, or a lazy weekend. And not only is warm and nourishing, but it’s downright delicious!
If you’ve never stirred a bit of canned or fresh pumpkin into your oatmeal, you’ve been missing out, my friend. This recipe takes things to the next level, lightly sweetening the oatmeal with maple syrup and adding even more flavor with vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It’s perfect as-is or you can jazz things up further with a shower of cinnamon sugar and a topping of toasted pecans. YUM.
So if you’re ready to enjoy a warm, comforting, wholesome breakfast — and if you’re cool with it cooking itself while you sleep — then you definitely need to whip up a batch of Overnight Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal! Because who’s going to argue with a breakfast that smells like Thanksgiving and tastes like fall?
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup steel cut oats (no substitutes!)
- Optional garnishes: milk or cream, maple syrup, cinnamon sugar, toasted chopped nuts
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until completely blended.
- Stir in the oats.
- Pour ingredients in the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Stir before serving.
Love & Sparkle,