These 2-ingredient chocolate pumpkin muffins, mini muffins, and cookies made with just chocolate cake mix and a can of pumpkin are a lighter, healthier way to satisfy a sweet tooth.
And did I mention how easy they are?
Canned pumpkin is really good for you too. It’s packed with fiber and vitamins and naturally low in fat.
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 2/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins or 36 cookies.
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- For muffins, preheat the oven to 400F degrees and line 12 muffin cups or 36 mini muffin cups with paper liners or coat them with non-stick spray.
- For cookies, preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or coat with non-stick spray.
- Make the batter in a large bowl by mixing just the two ingredients together, ignoring the instructions on the cake mix. This will take some effort and the mixture will be very very thick!
- Stir in the mini semisweet chocolate chips, if using.
- For muffins, place batter into the prepared (or mini muffin) tins. Bake at 400F degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes for muffins and 12 minutes for the mini-muffins.
- For cookies, drop by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are firm and the centers are just barely set when lightly touched.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets and then transfer the cookies/muffins with a spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
Love & Sparkle,