There are certain days that I just want to forget…last week I had a few of those days. It seemed like everything that I baked just didn’t go right. One cookie recipe I tried twice, and both times it flopped. I’m really bummed because it sounds good, but I haven’t gotten the consistency right yet.
And since it is fall and all things pumpkin is the way to go, I pulled another can of pumpkin and the jar of nutella out of the cupboard and made some muffins.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Nutella spread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick baking spray.
- Add the pumpkin, eggs, oil, and sugar to a large bowl and mix together.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to the pumpkin mixture until everything is mixed in. Spoon the muffin batter into 18 muffin cavities.
- Place the Nutella in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 20-30 seconds. Stir until creamy. Drop the warm Nutella in the center of each muffin. Use a toothpick to swirl the chocolate gently on top.
- Bake the muffins for 20-22 minutes. Remove and cool in the pan for 2 minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container.
Love & Sparkle,