One day I went searching for a healthy alternative for breakfast and I stumbled across these yummy peanut butter banana muffins. I was so sick of eggs in the morning. Don’t get me wrong, I love eggs, but every single solitary morning gets super boring. I added a couple things to the recipe I found, and this is what a came up with. These muffins are gluten free and grain free and taste AH-MAZING.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium sized very ripe bananas
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional – but highly recommended)
- Toppings of choice: mini chocolate chips, coconut, raisins, cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients into a blender; blend until well mixed like the consistency of a thick smoothie.
- Pour batter into muffin liners. Use a rubber scraper to remove the last bit from the blender.
- Add toppings of your choice to each muffin and lightly stir into each cup or sprinkle like I did.
Cook time: 15 minutes for full size muffins and 10 minutes for mini muffins.
You can double the recipe like I did to have plenty of future high protein snacks. Cool and freeze in a gallon size freezer bag. Thaw to consume.
Love & Sparkle,