I was going to start this post by telling you guys how these Loaded Cauliflower Bites are all low-carb and gluten free and an alternative option to potato skins and on and on…but really, what you need to know first is how good these are! If you smother anything in cheese and bacon, you have already got yourself a home run, right? Exactly.
I crave carbs. I really really do. And I give in way too much. I’m constantly trying to come up with new recipes where I can satisfy that craving without having quite as much guilt. One of my favorite appetizers when I eat out is loaded potato skins. Since I don’t eat out very much lately, I like to create the things I miss at home. It did not take long at all for me to decide that these Loaded Cauliflower Bites had to become a reality!
I’m a cauliflower addict (strange, but true), a cheese addict, and who doesn’t love bacon? For me, these are the 3 best foods about the low-carb and keto diet! Personally, I don’t care for the green onions on top. I seriously believe I am one of the few people on this planet who doesn’t like onions, no matter how many times I try them!
If you don’t have left over bacon to use, you will need to cook and crumble that first and set it aside. Chop your cauliflower into bite size pieces, dice the green onion, and shred the cheese, if necessary. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Spread the cauliflower out onto a baking sheet covered with foil or a Silpat mat, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast for about 20 minutes, or until fork tender. Alternatively, you can steam the cauliflower until fork tender, but you will still need to use the oven for the next step.
Next, push all the cauliflower into a pile and cover with as much cheddar cheese and bacon as you’d like. Return to the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled (I used turkey bacon)
- 2 green onions sliced thin, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the cauliflower out on a baking sheet covered with foil or a Silpat mat, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Push all of the cauliflower into a pile and cover with as much of the cheddar cheese and bacon as you’d like.
- Return to the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Top with sliced green onions and serve hot.
Love & Sparkle,